What is this guide for?
- The Neighbourhood Plan Roadmap describes each stage in the neighbourhood plan making process.
- The aim is to help you easily understands each necessary statutory stage, without getting too bogged down in the legislation.
Who is this guide for?
- This guide is for anyone involved in or interested in developing or implementing a neighbourhood plan.
- You should read it at the start of your neighbourhood planning journey and refer back to it throughout.
What you’ll learn from this guide
- each of the stages and activities required to produce a neighbourhood plan
- when and how to designate a neighbourhood area,
- how to create a neighbourhood forum,
- when to submit your plan to the local planning authority,
- what is required for examination and referendum
- what needs to be done once your plan comes into force